October 6, 2012

No school and transitioning

Friday was a teacher inservice day for Lexi so Natalie went to day care as usual and I worked from home while Lexi entertained herself.  She set up her bedroom to be like school: the pupils (the bears, the cow, the monkey) at desks with their names written on a sticky note and their tables names after a book - just like at her school.  She goes through the whole morning routine: reading the day of the week, assigning the helpers, etc.  At the end of the day, I even got to play school with her and was one of the students while Lexi was the teacher. When she went outside to play on the swingset, I heard her recite the playground rules which they do every time they have recess at school.  Pretty amusing.

I even got Lexi to take a nap yesterday which is more and more unusual.  She slept for over 2 hours which seemed like a good thing at the time as I was able to get my work done without interruption but that meant she had a hard time going to sleep and she woke up early this morning. Since I also had a hard time going to sleep and was woken up early by Lexi, I should have had a nap yesterday as well.

I am transitioning Natalie off formula by mixing milk with the formula.  That seems to be going well.  What isn't going well is getting her to take the milk from her sippy cup.  She drinks her water just fine from the sippy cup but doesn't seem interested in getting her milk that way.  She also fell at the day care on Friday and bruised her cheek.  She didn't seem bothered by it at all when we went to pick her up. 

2 comments:

Paula said...

Lexi is certainly growinhg up.

Paula said...

Lexi is certainly growing up.