July 31, 2009

Day Care...Not quite the same

Lexi has now completed 3 days of day care. Wednesday she went for about 4 hours, Thursday for 6.5 hours and today for 8 hours. Next week she will be full time - roughly 7:15-5:45. Sounds like a long day, doesn't it?

Day one: Mommy, Daddy and Lexi were all upset after parting that morning. She did eat the meals provided and participated in the activities but was in tears when I came to pick her up.

Day two: Lexi wasn't too upset and Mommy wasn't upset either when she left Lexi at the day care. But she didn't eat any of the meals and after they played on the playground (which she enjoyed), she didn't want to go back inside. I guess she talked a lot - mostly asking about Mommy. When I came to pick her up, she was happily eating the fruit snack and was excited to see me.

Day three: Lexi was very upset at being left (though she was already upset at home before going anywhere - I think she didn't get enough sleep). She did however eat the meals but didn't nap. She spent most of the day hanging onto one of the teachers and staying in a smaller room not the big classroom. The teachers think that maybe the large room with all of the kids was just too much for her.

So it seems like it is getting slightly better each day but we still probably have a long way to go. Next week she will be there full time each day. I think once she gets used to the idea, she will like being with all of the other kids...I just hope it doesn't take too long.

1 comment:

Paula said...

It is a hard transition for kids and parents. Most seem to adjust before too long. So we will hope for a quick transition.